Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., manufacturer of Pradaxa, has agreed to pay $650 million to settle Pradaxa lawsuits filed on behalf of approximately 4,000 injured plaintiffs. Managing partner Ramon Lopez serves on the Plaintiffs Steering Committees both for the Illinois Multi District Litigation and the California State Coordinated Actions. Mr. Lopez played an important role in the pretrial and discovery proceedings that led to the settlement agreement, and helped to negotiate the settlement on behalf of the injured plaintiffs.
Ramon Rossi Lopez of Lopez McHugh LLP is a highly respected consumer litigation and complex mass torts attorney who has taken leadership roles in numerous MDLs across the United States. In addition to the Pradaxa case, Mr. Lopez currently serves as one of four members of the Executive Committee for the Chantix MDL. Most recently, Mr. Lopez has been appointed as one of four members of Plaintiffs Executive Committee for the Lipitor MDL in the District Court of South Carolina in Charleston.
He has also served in leadership roles in the following cases:
- Breast Implant litigation;
- PPA MDL out of Seattle, Washington and PPA California State Coordinated Action;
- Rezulin MDL out of New York;
- Zyprexa MDL out of New York;
- Gadolinium Based Contrast Agent MDL out of Ohio;
- Baycol California State Coordinated Action;
- Diet-Drug (Fen-Phen) California State Coordinated Action; and
- Rezulin California State Coordinated Action.
About Lopez McHugh, LLP
The attorneys at Lopez McHugh, LLP are highly experienced and dedicated to helping consumers recover for injuries caused by dangerous pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and other products. We are involved in litigation across the country and have secured millions of dollars for our clients.
In addition to Mr. Lopez’s mass tort work, principal partner James J. McHugh, Jr. has been involved in mass tort lawsuits involving pharmaceuticals Baycol, Benzene, Zyprexa, Ephedra, and Vioxx. Our team of accomplished attorneys is currently active in mass tort cases regarding several dangerous drugs and medical devices, including:
- DePuy Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacements and Smith & Nephew Hip Replacements;
- Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filters;
- SSRI Antidepressants such as Celexa, Effexor, Lexapro, Zoloft, and more;
- Testosterone Therapy;
- Transvaginal Mesh;
- Benicar; and
If you have suffered injury due to a pharmaceutical or medical device, do not hesitate to contact Lopez McHugh for a free consultation today.